ACES – Andalusian Association of Schools for Social Economics
Platero Green School belongs to ACES, the Andalusian Association of Schools for Social Economics, founded in Andalusia in 2001 to represent and further the interests of educational businesses in the social economics sector.
The management model is based on the principals of social economics: corporativism as a business formula, promoting growth through cooperation and the global contributions of our associates.
ACES, is made-up of associative work cooperatives, workforce owned companies, parents cooperatives, self-employed individuals, parents associations, as well as educational foundations. ACES is present in all eight provinces and represents all the different members of the education community.
With 131 associated businesses in July 2017 – Infant schools, Non-formal education, Compulsory Education, Further Education and Specialized Education - , and more than 1.800 employees and over 28.000 students in their schools, their work carried out on the development of the LOE (Organic legislation on Education) and the processing of the first Education Law for Andalusia has been key in conforming the new education system.
Decalogue for Education
With our decalogue for education, our intention is to put forward the values and principles which we employ on a day-to-day basis with our students and colleagues, setting social economy schools apart from the rest of schools in the Andalusian educational system.
- We want a warm, welcoming and emotionally aware schools.
- We propose an education model based on Cooperative Learning.
- We believe that respecting differences is part of the process towards whole-person education.
- We foster cooperative values which are conducive to a responsible co-existence.
- We educate enterprising individuals, capable of making decisions and involving themselves actively in our society.
- We promote involving our immediate surroundings when setting our educational goals.
- We value personal autonomy and initiative as a catalyst for learning.
- We assume that innovation is the necessary route to excellence.
- We believe that assessment is an essential tool for continuous improvement.
- We educate in the values of respect for our fundamental rights and libertie
DICOOP CertificateDICOOP is a training course awarding the - Declaration of cooperative pedagogy suitability in Social Economics.
A certificate that aims to enhance awareness within society of the educational model of Andalusian social economics and its schools’ management, as well as creating a resource for teachers to acquire a professional certification that will assist new employees when joining cooperatives schools. Providing them with a knowledge base on the work environments they will encounter.
This certificate will allow you to develop the teaching competences that provide the answers to the challenges posed by schools and XXI century society, as well as presenting social economy cooperative schools with a quality guarantee, adapting your teaching profile to that sought by our educational institutions.